Want to learn more about becoming a wholesale customer? Visit our wholesale christmas ornaments page. If you're ready to fill out an application, you can do so below!
Top 10 Christmas Tree Movies
It’s never too early to begin plans for Christmas 2020. One of the important tasks for preparation is to create a top 10 list of the best Christmas movies. But we took it a step further and made a list of the top 10 iconic Christmas trees IN the top 10 Christmas movies and to top it off, we picked the ornament that we thought would fit best on that tree. Check out Old World Christmas’ list of the top 10 movie Christmas trees and corresponding ornaments, and see if you agree.
1. It’s A Wonderful Life: The Tinsel-Drizzled Tree. Though we see this tree in black and white, the classic 40’s era of this movie shines through in multiple scenes. Silver tinsel covers the branches along with many glass ornaments. The tinsel-happy tree is positioned in the front window of the Bailey’s home for all to see it’s glittering glory. We pick the Large Red Shiny Heart ornament to commemorate this heart-warming tale.
2. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation: The Problem Tree. Right from the start, Clark Griswold’s Christmas tree causes problems for him. The tree burns down, a new tree is procured from the front yard and once decorated a cat is electrocuted and dies and the grand finale is the squirrel that jumps out and wreaks havoc on the entire scene. Old World Christmas picks the Squirrel ornament to complement this movie.
3. A Christmas Story: Driving a Hard Bargain. The barter between Raphie’s dad and the salesman at the Christmas tree lot is cringeworthy and reinforces the crafty and out-of-touch world he lives in. Old World Christmas picks the Rifle ornament because all of Ralphie’s dreams come true with the Red Ryder BB gun nestled, not under the tree, but behind the desk.
4. Home Alone: Pint-Sized Protector. Kevin, though forgotten at home, makes the best of it and protects his house from the not-so-bright Wet Bandits. This tree is the perfect size for Kevin to decorate beautifully. We are impressed with Kevin’s spacing of the ornaments and nice lights. One ornament on his pint-sized tree saves the day when Kevin sees Harv’s reflection in the ornament. We pick the Iron ornament since Harv gets an imprint of one on his forehead.
5. White Christmas: Double Celebration. This movie has it all: song and dance, love and romance, honoring a forgotten war general, all set within the tension-filled backdrop of no snow in the mountains of Vermont and a ski lodge with no visitors. When the general is honored, the show begins, and the doors are rolled back to reveal the snow, two over-sized Christmas trees drenched in tinsel and ornaments flank the sides of the stage. We think the Army Man Toy Ornament perfectly exemplifies the heart of this story.
6. A Christmas Carol: Tree In Spirit. Though a Christmas tree doesn’t take center stage in any of the many adaptations of this classic Christmas tale by Charles Dickens, Old World Christmas would still include this movie on our top-ten list. This story is a case study in the ghosts who might visit if life is lived stingily. We picked the Grandfather Clock ornament to represent the theme of time in this story.
7. Elf: I Know Him! Tree. Driven by his deep love and admiration and personal relationship with Santa, Buddy the Elf knows how to decorate not just a Christmas tree, but an entire department store. We think he was also fueled by one of his favorite food groups while he decorated so we picked the Maple Syrup ornament to represent the funny family movie Elf.
8. A Charlie Brown Christmas: Wimpy Tree, Lots of Heart. Of course no list is complete without the least commercialized tree there is. Charlie Brown knew in his heart that Christmas wasn’t about the glitz and glam. Though the Baby Grand Piano ornament and the Dog House ornament would be good picks for this movie, we think Charlie Brown would have picked the Nativity Tree Top for his tiny tree.
9. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Uniting Tree. Hermey the elf has a dream to be a dentist, not a toy maker. He saves the day when his dream of becoming a dentist collide with the Abominable Snowman and they all come together around a giant, abominable-sized tree. We picked the Tooth ornament on behalf of Hermey’s uniting dreams.
10. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: The Uniting Tree part Two. He’s a mean one, and proved it by taking it all—every last drop— from the citizens of Whoville. However, little by little, a change of heart transforms the furry green guy into a nice guy, and the towering tree in the center of town unifies them all. We picked the cheery red Santa’s Hat ornament to represent his change of heart.
This Christmas, don’t miss out on any of these movies, trees or Christmas ornaments for your Christmas celebration!
Lucinda Talley said:
beautiful and fun, gotta order some
Jacqueline DeStephanis said:
Love this page on the story of your ornaments u should make a book of these stories. I would buy it. Thanks again.